This article was written by Ali Kamal, Paralegal at Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP

Except for UAE nationals (and, in general, GCC nationals) all UAE residents need permission from the UAE Ministry of Labour (MOL) to work, and, from the UAE Immigration Department to live in the UAE. Each Emirate in the