Your workplace is our workplace.
Welcome to the Global Workplace Insider, a cutting-edge blog led by the global employment and labor team of Norton Rose Fulbright, designed to deliver diverse insight on legal and business developments as well as trends impacting employment and labor matters in various regions around the world. We cover the full spectrum of employment and labor areas. Some of the subjects we touch on include:
- Arbitration and labor proceedings
- Affirmative action / employment equity
- Business immigration and international mobility
- Collective bargaining
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Employment and labor standards
- Employment aspects of business transfers
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
- Employment contracts
- Employment litigation (including class and collective actions)
- Enterprise and collective labor agreements
- Industrial relations/labor and human resources
- Maternity and parental rights
- Occupational health and safety
- Pay equity
- Termination of employment and reductions in workforce/redundancies
- Trade secrets and unfair competition/restraint of trade
- Wages and hours of work
- Whistleblowing and ethics concerns
We deliver a holistic employment and labor service to address the needs of a global workforce. We believe in high quality service, which includes adding value in areas that are important to meet the business needs of our clients. We are highly regarded for our work across all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment and labor law around the world.
We are one of the few truly international employment and labor practices, with dedicated teams in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, we offer a full-service, cross-border employment and labor practice. We regularly perform on both a local and global basis. We have the ability to handle cross border projects involving a range of employment and labor needs across many jurisdictions at once and in a consistent and efficient manner providing a holistic and seamless service to our clients. We deliver responsive, commercial and efficient legal support with respect to our clients’ global workforces, providing solutions to their complex legal issues.
We understand our clients and their strategic business objectives. We provide practical, commercial solutions to our clients’ complex legal problems. Our clients trust us to implement the legal elements of their global HR strategies around the world, because our deep local regulatory knowledge along with our international coverage.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc. are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.